Along with your profile, your mission application first thing that a Member sees and their
The NDIS can be confusing at times! With new lingo being thrown around in each and every direction, it can become difficult to pinpoint how to use your plan, and what disability support worker or general NDIS-approved providers can help with.
In the Home Care Heroes HQ, we have spent some time pondering how we can best assist our community with these challenges and to start with, we would like to outline some key definitions that will come in handy if you are new to the NDIS.
A Service Booking is the way in which you connect with an NDIS provider through your online NDIS account. The Service Booking is created based on the items that have been specified in your Service Agreement with a provider (Handy Hint: Ours is online). It nominates the type of support, dates of support and funding to be allocated to a provider.
Funding allocation can mean two things:
- The amount of NDIS Funding you have been provided within a specific funding category.
- The amount of NDIS Funding from within a specific funding category that you would like to allocate to an NDIS provider through a Service Booking.
NDIS Support Categories
The NDIS is arranged into 15 categories that align to the purpose of the funded supports and NDIS Outcomes. When you receive your NDIS plan, you will receive a specific funding allocation under each of these categories. The categories are arranged into three key areas:
- Core Supports: A support that enables a participant to complete activities of daily living and enables them to work towards their goals.
- Capacity Building Supports: A support that enables a participant to build their independence and skills.
- Capital Supports: This is an investment. Examples may include assistive technologies, equipment and home modifications.
NDIS Budgeting with Home Care Heroes
The second question that we commonly get is how you can use your NDIS Plan with Home Care Heroes. It is often thought that NDIS participants can only utilise Core Supports (Assistance with Daily Living) for our Hero supports. Well, we have an exciting surprise - you can utilise this and much, much more!
Below you will find an overview of all of the different categories that can be utilised for our services.
You can even allocate funding from one area or more than one area depending on your goals!
- Assistance with Social and Civic Participation
- Assistance with Daily Living
Capacity Building Supports
- Increased Social and Community Participation
- Improved Daily Living
- Development of Life Skills
Do you have questions about how you can use your NDIS Plan with Home Care Heroes? Don’t be shy! Get in touch with our team and we would be happy to help! Call us 8.30am - 5.30pm, Monday - Friday: 02 8310 7531 or sign up here