Did you know that many illnesses are invisible? An invisible illness is an umbrella term
It’s that time of year again… Christmas! For most of us, Christmas is a time of joy, celebration, friends and family. Unfortunately for some in our community, Christmas can bring on heightened feelings of stress, anxiety, loneliness and social isolation. A study commissioned by the Salvation Army found that more than 2 million Australians feel they lack companionship during the festive period, highlighting the importance of our work here at Home Care Heroes. So, consider what activities you can plan for you and your member this festive period. Below is a list of ideas to get you started!
· See the Christmas decorations in the city
· Make some Christmas origami or decorate stockings
· Bake Christmas cookies
· Have a picnic
· Help members with their Christmas shopping
· Attend local Christmas carols:
- December 5th – December 25th: Lights of Christmas
- December 8th: Carols on the Lawn in Marrickville
- December 8th: Carols in the Carpark
- December 15th: Carols by Candlelight at St Stephens Newtown
- December 20th: STAR104.5’s Central Coast Carols at the Central Coast Stadium
- December 21st: Carols Under the Bridge
- December 22nd: Carols on the Green
If you want to help make the world a better place by contributing to your community – Home Care Heroes is for you. Sign up now to become a Hero where you will be matched with members in your local area who share your interests and are looking for companionship and support this festive season.